On medicine for palpitations. ECG, EKG and chest scan done. What precaution should be taken?

Dear Doctor,

I m 31 years Old male , and My Cardiologist gave me medication for high pluse ( palpitations). I m taking ½ pill of Nebivolol ( 5 mg ) , I take 2.5 mg once a day in the morning.

Now after being on medication my resting pulse is between 65 bpm and 72 bpm, and my cardiologist did full tests and 24 Hr EKG + ECG + Chest scan and he told me all my readings & results are normal and under control.

He advises me to keep playing sports like running and so on and he told me its safe and very good for my health and heart . My question is : is it normal for my Pulse to go up little bit while eating, i dont feel palpitations, but when i eat even XXXXXXX small portion XXXXXXX and i test my pulse with my fingers thumb "during" eating i find it between 80 - 92 bpm , after i finish my meal and i test with the blood pressure machine i find my pulse back to 70 - 74 bpm . so i m asking is that normal ? i guess i worry little bit that why i m just making sure if this variation in pulse during and after eating is normal
Thanks for your advice and reply.

Best regards

Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later

Human heart beats for about 0000 (72 x 60 x24) in 24 hours, it is not with clock like regularity, there is a variation. What used to happen was this rhythm would go astray and rate would sort of run away. It has been reset not that it's variations have been taken away. The normal variation you are describing on running and eating should persist. That means you are getting adequate dose not more or less for the moment. I would not worry about that, neither I would count my every variation. If you are not getting palpitation thank your doctor and drug. Good luck.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW