On medicine for diabetes. Have congestive heart failure. What is the required treatment?

i have congestiveheart failure. I am taking a lot of drugs.All lower my blood pressure. Because of this they will everntually instal a pacemaker. I am a pharmacist. I amthinking that I only need a diuretic and no pace maker.
Also- what about the kidney stone connection to CHF ? e-mail
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 8 hours later
Hi There,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your mail with diligence.
Your mail says that you are taking two tablets of metformin for Diabetes. Please mention about your recent fasting blood sugar. Long term management of Diabetes is helped by monitoring of glycated hemobglobin(HbA1C) which reflects control over last 12 weeks.
I am not aware that lowering blood pressure causes congestive heart failure, rather it helps for heart has to pump blood against lowered resistance.
Yes, drugs for faster heart rate can slow it down to the extent of requiring a type of pacemaker.
I would like to be corrected if I am wrong but pacemaker they are planning for the treatment of heart failure is biventricular pacemaker to make your heart contract more effectively. Called Cardiac Resynchronizing Therapy.
If I were you I would leave therapy decisions to doctors retaining my right to question their every action with why this? Obviously, diuretics did not help enough.
There is no correlation between heart failure and kidney stone, I know of.

I hope that answers your questions. Good luck.
If you have any more query I will be most happy to answer it.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Internist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW