On medication for coughing fits. Having muscle and cervical spine pain due to coughing. How to get cured?
User rating for this question
Hi i have been having coughing fits since march and have been on antihistamines,antibiotics,nasal sprays. cortisone tablets. I wheeze after a few coughing fits with laryngial spasms i think. All my intercostal muscles and cerval spine aching with all this coughing. I have a gland swollen on the right side of my face and one on the back of my cervical spine.
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 39 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Given the kind of symptoms you have, I am inclined to think that we are definitely looking at some allergic process, maybe even cough variant asthma. Although the swollen glands indicate an infection, if you did have such a long lasting infection, you would have an extremely poor appetite and would have lost some weight as well. Let me know if this is the case.
As of now, I would suggest the following:
a. Take steam inhalation twice a day. Take a pan of water and boil it for like 15-20 minutes. Thereafter, cover your head and the pan with a huge towel and inhale the vapour.
b. Vacuum your house religiously and keep a wet cloth on your nose while travelling
c. Keep a symptom diary to see when your symptoms get worse.
d. Speak with your physician about inhalers with corticosteroids and beta blockers
However, to help you further, I would need the following information from you:
a. You have mentioned eating disorders in the category. Am I missing something here/
b. Has a spirometry or any blood test been ever done for you?
c. Do you notice your symptoms worsen with exposure to anything? Dust, pigeons, mold, pollen.. anything at all that you might want to mention.
Awaiting your reply
People also viewed
- Does mensoon tablet have any effect on regular periods
- Sharp stabbing pain right side
- Aerolin for dry cough fits
- Ra symptoms and treatment
- 75 years old son suffering from headache with vomiting
- Cervical spine medical causes blindness
- Wernicke-korsakoff syndrome prognosis
- Pcv ts test
- Side effects of bifilac and norflox tz
- How to cure coughing fits
- Treatment for knee pain and coughing fit
- Control coughing fits with ice
- Numbness in stomach
- How to reduce pores on my face
- What is the treatment for degenerative spondylothesis