On estriol for vaginal atrophy. Experiencing discharge and itching. Looking for cure

On estriol for vaginal atrophy and I'm experiencing discharge and itchiness. Not a yeast infection. Not bacterial. I'm on vacation in Hawaii right now. :(
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Intense itching in the vagina is likely to be related to vaginal atrophy that you have been diagnosed with. The low estrogen levels lead to dryness in the vagina which stimulate the vaginal mucosa and cause itching.

Topical application of estrogen cream is helpful in relieving the symptoms. This will need a prescription. Since you are on a vacation, it is best to get a 1% hydrocortisone ointment available over the counter and apply it for the time being for relief.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.