On clomid, had miscarriage. Started taking clomid along with elevit. Can I conceive safely?

Question
Hi, I have been trying for the last 7 years to fall pregnant. In 2008, my gyneco put me on clomid and fell pregnant straight away but had a miscarriage after 2 months. I have tried Clomid until now but I havent fallen pregnant again. Last week I had a HSG and I dont have any blocked fallopian tubes. I have taken clomid this month and I have started taking Elevit. Do you think it will work out? Please advise?

XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 14 minutes later

In your case I would recommend a step by step approach because most couples wait too long hopefully and later turn to proper treatment.

First get a complete evaluation done, this may also help to understand why there was miscarriage.So you can avoid it this time.Investigations which can be undertaken are hormone levels, sonography of pelvis and follicular monitoring. These investigations will help to know if there anything preventing you from getting pregnant or sustaining pregnancy. Follicular monitoring will help to know if you are forming egg properly and whether these medications are helping in it.It will also help you understand when is ideal time to conceive.

Seeing a infertility expert rather than a regular doctor can surely prove helpful.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.

Regards.

Follow-up: On clomid, had miscarriage. Started taking clomid along with elevit. Can I conceive safely? 8 minutes later

Thank you for your reply.

I have done the hormone levels and sonography of pelvis but not sure about the follicular monitoring. The doctor told me that when he did the HSG last week, he said it might help me get pregnant because there was a XXXXXXX that hes put in there. Hope that works.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 12 minutes later

It was good to hear that most investigations have been done and since doctor has started treatment we can assume that test results where normal.

Follicular monitoring is series of sonographies done daily for 3-4 days around middle of your cycle.This helps to know if normal follicle(egg) is forming or not and whether it is progressing properly.Monitoring will also help to time the HCG injection.

If everything goes normally, we can hope that this will work.

Regards.