On birth control, took all pills, two sex partners, diarrhea, positive pregnancy tests. Tests to determine father of the child ?

Hi there, i'll try to cut a long story short..i got involved in a bit of a love triangle which has now been sorted but basically i started the pill Ovranette on July 26th second day of my period and took all pills on time apart from the very last one in the pack i took a day late on Aug 16th instead of 15th. I was with guy 1 on Aug 13th, two days before my first
week off. I was with guy 2 on Sep 7th and 8th and
missed a pill completely on the 7th, doubled up the
next morning but had bad diarrhea for 3 days after.
Exactly two weeks after the 7th i tested positive for
pregnancy and have had six more positives, very
faint but obvious and two neg digital tests. I need to
know who is most likely to be the father, i am very much hoping guy 2? Many thanks and sorry for long
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
To be sure about the paternity the best way is to get an ultrasound scan done now. This will give you an exact idea regarding the period of gestation from which we can back calculate the approximate time of your conception.
Secondly if your pregnancy tests are now coming negative then it might just be a chemical pregnancy and you might not actually be pregnant at all.
A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman’s period was due but a miscarriage occurred before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.
I encourage you to consult your gynecologist who can guide you through the investigations required in your case.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: On birth control, took all pills, two sex partners, diarrhea, positive pregnancy tests. Tests to determine father of the child ? 36 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. Just to fill you in i had the two negative digital tests when i first tested in the begining, on the same days i had positive non digital tests which i have been using since and have been getting a stronger line each time.
I completely understand your answer cannot be definitive and i know i need to get it checked out properly, but i was just hoping for an opinion on who you THINK would most likely be the father given the info stated earlier regarding the pill and the timings etc..

Many thanks
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.

Given the situation, guy II seems to be more likely the father as you got the test positive exactly 14 days after having sex with him prior to which your pregnancy test was negative twice.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free pregnancy.