On Sandoz Fenofibrate E. Do I need a stronger dose?

I have been on Sandoz Fenofibrate E 145mg for the past five years to control blood pressure. It was working but is not controlling it lately. I cannot take steriods. Do I need a stronger dosage?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sandoze Fenofibrate is not an anti-hypertensive

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
Sandoz Fenofibrate is not an anti-hypertensive drug. It will not control blood pressure even on higher doses.
The Coversyl Plus is the only anti-hypertensive among the medicines listed by you. The other two are for the control of cholesterol problem.
Steroids raise blood pressure & cannot be used for lowering blood pressure.
For control of blood pressure you have to work on the dose of Coversyl or add some other anti-hypertensive. This need proper physician's opinion. So, get back to your doctor & do not alter any medicine on your own.
Wish you good health.