On Pill. Missed period. Due to stress?

I have been on the pill for 2 years and last month I took a break from it. I did not get my period after and I'm due to start a new pack tomorrow. Should I ? I travelled to Australia and have been under stress the last month do that could be why I did not get my period
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 35 minutes later
Hi 111....,
Welcome to healthcare magic!
When you stop the oral contraceptive pill after a long term use there is a hormonal imbalance in the the body and due to this the fine regulation gets disturbed. So menses may be erratic and delayed for two three months.
Stress could have been added to this as well.
If you had sexual intercourse during the no pill time then you need to do a Home urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.
If negative for pregnancy you can offcourse resume the pills.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.