On Bisoprolol Fumarate, Zoloft, Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Arthrotec Diclopenac. Will they show up in blood test?

I have to go back to a medical center tomorrow to answer questions reagarding my blood test? I am confused now over this. I take everyday 5mg of Bisoprolol Fumarate, Zoloft 50 mg, Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10 mg, and Arthrotec 75mg/ Diclofenac
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later

It seems that we have not received your complete query here. Do post your details of your medical history and if possible the tests that you had undergone and your concerns. I will be available to address your concerns.

Based on the details provided, you are currently on:-
1. Bisoprolol fumarate 5mg -which is a beta blocker mainly used in cases of high blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases.
2. Zoloft - antidepressant medicine called Sertraline
3. Cetrizine hydrochloride - antihistaminic used for treating allergic conditions
4. Arthrotec 75 is a combination of diclofenac sodium and misoprostol and mainly used for pain relief.

Awaiting your complete query.

Follow-up: On Bisoprolol Fumarate, Zoloft, Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Arthrotec Diclopenac. Will they show up in blood test? 55 minutes later
My question is will these medications show up in a blood test, or show a faulty blood test for work related test?

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 51 minutes later

Thanks for reverting back and completing the query.

Work related blood tests are usually simple tests to find that the person is physically fit for work. This involves the ruling out of issues like anaemia; heart problems; infections like tuberculosis; jaundice and others basically related to physical fitness.

Sometimes you also may be screened for illegal drugs or banned substance.

Presuming you are taking these pills as prescribed by your doctors, these medicines would not influence the results of those tests and will not be seen on the tests.

Hope this helps. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries.

Take care and Regards