Occasional smoker. Noticed sperm discharge with bowel movements. Do I have a prostate issue?

Sometimes when I am taking a Bowel movement a little bit of a sperm/cum like fluid comes out the tip of penis. usually happens when I press really hard. I am worried i may have a prostate issue. Please advise.

I am on paxil cr 25mg no other meds
smoke sometimes/not regular basis
Have been a little constipated lately so I have been pushing hard

No prior medical conditions.

Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It is not uncommon in constipated people to experience such a thing. Since accumulation or fecal bulk put a pressure on the prostate and its rubbing to the wall of canal causes stimulation of prostate, it can cause the semen to get secreted.
Meanwhile you mentioned that you are using Paxil. It can cause lack of orgasm for men and it can contribute to more accumulation of semen in the body.
Some part of semen is produced in the prostate and it is accumulated there. When it is accumulated, it could be secreted even through urination.
I hope your worries goes away with knowing these issues.
I wish you a good health.