Ask a Urologist   »  

Occasional crystal meth user. Noticed blood in urine. What are the complication?

Critical Care Specialist
I have recently tonight have blood in my urine, 1 am a retired 56yr old large build wgt 250ibs unsure of its cause and what level of concern I should be at? I am also an occasional crystal meth user.Inhale it. are you there?have had some prostate clean up 2 yrs ago due frequent urination issue get a lower GI every 5 yrs.
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

There is nothing to worry, but your problem needs complete investigation.
You are now having haemeturia, that is blood with urine. I understand from your details that you have got your prostate removed 2 years back.

Well, there could be a few reasons for your haematuria. The diagnosis requires each of them to be ruled out by examination and investigation.
1. the urinary tract.
3. Could be a tumor somewhere in the urinary tract, especially urinary bladder.

Inhaling crystal meth, although has many effects on body, but certainly not responsible for haematuria.

I would suggest you to consult a general surgeon who will be able to evaluate you for cause of haematuria. You may need investigations like, urine examination and ultra sound abdomen for evaluation for heamaturia.

Hope this answers your question.
Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr Sadiq.