Nuvaring inserted. Started having less bleeding. Is this normal?

I put in nuvaring on Sep 8th the beginning of my cycle I bleed 3 weeks i took it out on the 22 and stopped on the 27. I went to my Dr. on the 2nd he gave me an exam and perscribed me the pill. Well we are in October 15 and I still don't have my cycle. I also took a plan b the weekend before my last cycle the 2nd should I be worried?
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
It is common to have a less of bleeding or absence of periods during the first three months of starting the pill.
It is possible that this pill is a progesterone hormone that has caused thinning of the layer in the uterus which causes period bleeding. It can cause lack of bleeding for a long time.
You can start with your next pack of pills and as long as you are taking the pills regularly, pregnancy is not likely. If you do not have periods even after the second pack of pills, then you need to consult your gynecologist to rule out possible hormonal imbalance.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.