Numbness, stiffness, tingling in neck and back. Tests normal. Please suggest

Nov 2013

i have been having neck and back pain for more than three years ,major discomforts are numbness,stiffness,tearing,movement and at times tingling,throbbing and few other sensations.i have been visiting apollo chennai from the start ,have done every possible blood test,nerve test, MRI.nothing was found.finally they send me to psychiatry that too did not help.please suggest.
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Thank you for contacting Healthcare Magic.
After reading your mail, I can understand the agony that you have gone through. Three years of investigations and treatment without much relief in symptoms. Your symtoms are mainly neck and back pain with abnormal sensations. MRI and nerve tests are normal.
In this situation, the most likely diagnosis would be FIBROMYALGIA. This is characterized by widespread aches and pains with multiple points of tenderness (pain on pressure). There is no specifc test for diagnosis.
Treatment consists of neuropathic pain medications including pregabalin, milnacipran and duloxetine. Various forms of physiotherapy are helpful. Balneotherapy (dipping in warm water pool) is also helpful.
I hope I have clarified your queries. If you have any further queries, please get back.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Vellore) DM (Vellore)
Ex-consultant, CMC Hospital, Vellore XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist, Apollo Health City, Hyderabad
Follow-up: Numbness, stiffness, tingling in neck and back. Tests normal. Please suggest 59 minutes later
symtoms are not only in my back but all over my body ,chronic symtoms on buttocks and back.

a small lump around anus keep on coming ,recently there are few rashes on both arms.does these connect to my condition.

yes my previous doctors thought of fibromyalgia but was not sure.

i feel like im helpless ,i completely lost myself to this thing.

are there any other evaluation can be done .please suggest a best place for treatment.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Thank you for getting back with more details.
I am sorry I mentioned only neck and back pain, but later on I clarified that fibromyalgia is a condition of generalized aches and pains, and pain can occur almost in any part of the body.
Regarding the lump from anus, it is most likely a rectal prolapse. A general surgeon should be able to advise the best solution for that. Rectal prolapse and rashes on the arms are also not connected. If rashes persist and are bothersome to you, you may wish to consult a dermatologist.
I can understand your helpless situation, but I am hopeful you will respond to the treatment.
If you are in Vellore, you may consult doctors at CMC Vellore. Some suggested options are Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Follow-up: Numbness, stiffness, tingling in neck and back. Tests normal. Please suggest 11 hours later
thank u very much
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Its my pleasure! I will be more pleased if you get better!
Dr Sudhir Kumar