Noticed white fluid discharge along with urine. Should I be worried?

Question
Hi My girl friend saw white semi liquid type fluid along with her urine. Quantity was less size of small coin. She is virgin and never had sex. What is the reason for the same? Is there anything to worry? It is happened for the first time.
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 18 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
This might very well be the normal vaginal secretions along with the urine. I dont believe there is anything to worry about. She needs to check whether there is any vaginal discharge. Otherwise its nothing to worry about.

Follow-up: Noticed white fluid discharge along with urine. Should I be worried? 10 minutes later
Hi Thanks for the reply. What is vaginal discharge? If it is vaginal discharge is there anything to worry about it?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Discharge can be of 2 types.It can occur due to infection. Or even is normally present a certain times of the cycle like mid-cycle,pre and post menstruation etc.
Any foul smelling,thick,discharge can indicate infection. If its clear, discharge then its most likely normal and there is nothing to worry about.