Noticed wart like structures around anus after intercourse. Suggest home remedy? Worried about HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi.. I am not sure if i am a bi or XXXXXXX I am attracted with guys. Last month i had a physical intercourse with a guy. Thought, he used a condom, recently i got some warts like structures in my anus. I doubt it to be HPV. How to confirm this. Please tell me if any home remedy is available to get rid of this. I am from Bangalore, India. Please let me know if any confidential doctors nearby.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Warts to be confirmed.No home remedy.Consultdoctor

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Anal wart or genital wart has a little long incubation period. It is more than 2 moths or even longer. So it is unusual for you to have warts after month or lesser than this period. If you had previous contacts it could be possible.
As it is difficult to be visualized by you due to the anal situation it is better to get examined by a physician to ascertain the diagnosis and get cured.
There is no blood test available in a common medical laboratory for Warts. There is no home remedies. If you apply some application by yourself to cure the same the you will likely to get a severe anal dermatiis ( Inflammation of the area).
You can approach any Dermato-Venereologist near your place for further help.There are many people practicing at Bangalore. They will keep your confidentiality.
Moreover it may be a marker STD, and you may have to get screened for other STD and HIV. Don't get frightened. Just to be assure your safety.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Noticed wart like structures around anus after intercourse. Suggest home remedy? Worried about HIV? 13 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for earlier reply.
I had a few contacts before. But they are just foreplays n mutual masturbation. I had a complete intercourse with condom only 50 days before. What is marker STD?
How these warts or other STD/HIV occur? Do they occur even in safe sex?

Also please suggest any clinic in bangalore. Or pls let me know your location, so that i can visit you directly?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
STDs are caused by germs transmitted through sex

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Wart is a minor problem among STDs, but it gives clue to investigate further to rule out for the presence of major STDs. So it sometimes called as marker for other STDs.

Warts are caused by a virus called as HPV and it is transmitted through sexual contact. STD are a group of infections have a common mode of sexual transmission and caused by different types of germs like bacteria, virus, fungus and parasites.
Safe sex protects mostly. Sometimes area that has not covered by condom like base of penis ,outside anal area when it comes in contact with infected materials the there is a likelihood of getting STD in safe sex is there.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Noticed wart like structures around anus after intercourse. Suggest home remedy? Worried about HIV? 1 hour later

Can the genital warts be cured by medicine or any other treatment is required?
Even after once remove, can it grow again? Do those warts create any problem in sexual life in long term? I am single. Will this affect married life..? Can i get married?

How much these treatments cost? Is there any side affects of these treatments?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
many modes of treatment is there.Get cured & marry

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

There are many modalities of treatment available for warts like excision, chemical cauterization, electric and diathermy cauterization, "CRYO" Surgery, Immuno-modulant drugs etc.

According to the sites,number and size the treatment is preferred. Recurrences rarely occurs. Certain procedures at genital site may likely to produce sexual problems. The physician will prefer the mode of treatment so that no such complication occur to the individual in future. So you need not to worry about the same. After successful treatment and after ruling out other STD/HIV you can get married. Once again treatment cost will vary according to the type of treatment and according to the place and country about which it is better to consult with your physician.
Dr S.Murugan