Noticed varying body temperature from 96 to 95. Pre-diabetic. What can be done?

Good morning,

Over the past week my body temperature is going down for hours at a time, varying between 96 and 95.1. I have low thyroid, a goiter, and I am pre diabetic according to my Endocrinologist. I mention these because I read online that they could be a factor.

Thank you. XXXXXXX H.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 25 minutes later

The temperature that was recorded was not low but lower normal. Lower normal temperatures do not affect daily functioning. If you are measuring the surface temperature with the digital thermometer (commonly available) there could be error by 2 to 3 degree lower than that of core body temperature.

Also the above conditions that were reported could also cause lower normal temperatures.

I suggest you to take proper treatment for the said conditions than recording the body temperature. Body temperature is very non specific and varies widely with each time of the day and activity of the day.

Do you have any specific queries to answer, please let me know.