Noticed variable blood pressure readings. Am I healthy?

Jan 2013

When I measure blood pressure first its always like 140/90 5 minutes later it goes to about 128 over 88. My doctor tells me that I don't have any problem and I am healthy
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
When a person in an active phase such as walking, running, eating; blood pressure is always found to be raised. Because of continuous activity of heart (both heart rate and pumping activity), blood pressure is always raised.
After resting for 15 minutes, blood pressure comes down to normal level due to recovery of heart.
This is a normal phenomenon. So this should be considered as normal not a disease.
Put your query if you have.
Best Regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava