Noticed ticks in crotch and discoloration of the skin. Is there any problem?

3 months ago I found a tick between my crotch, I pulled the tick out but I noticed discoloration next to where the tick was. Later some forskin developed and after that the forskin has grown and turned grey. Its been 3 months since the tick bite and one month wherer the developed forskin has grown. Lkittle and changed color. 27 year old male
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 34 minutes later

I would like to know some details on your problem so that I understand better and provide you specific advice.

Was there redness after you removed the tick ?
Can you describe the foreskin you mentioned in some more detail ?
Did you have itching soon after the lesion appeared ?
Did you take any medications for the lesion ?

If possible please do attach an image of the lesion you have.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Noticed ticks in crotch and discoloration of the skin. Is there any problem? 12 hours later
Yes there was some redness and you could see my veins around the bite. There has been no itching. It started out as what I would call goosebumps with added forskin. Its when I attempted to remove one foreskin bump that a week later all the foreskin had turned grey. And it has grown and come together a little this past month. No pain either. The bite was to the left of the lesion in the pic attached.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

Thanks for the information and the images.

The images show lesions which are typical ano-genital Warts also known as Condyloma accuminata caused by virus known as Human papillomavirus (HPV) . This infection is most of times attained by Sexual contact but also can spread through daily usable fomites.

The lesion is not related to the tick bite and needs to be treated with special medications like Immiquimod or Podophyllin.

Do consult a Dermatologist for the same.He shall examine,confirm the fact and formulate a treatment suited for you.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.