Noticed thick and dry vaginal discharge. What is the problem and the required treatment?

May 2013
i have a strange discharge i have never had before. Its extremely thick and almost dry. It doesnt come out of me i actually have to scoop it out and there is no smell or itch with it. When u look closely it almost looks like tiny spores all joined up and quite hard but rubbery. ive had it for 2 weeks now and i wont have sex with my bf because of it. The colour is yellow sometimes with XXXXXXX and sometimes its white. accosionally its had small pink dots in it and today i noticed one side of cervix is tender and thats where the pink blood is coming from! My doctor gave me zidoval which i have finished and has not helped at all!!
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later

The possibilities are:
Vaginal yeast infection: candida albicans is the common fungus causing vaginal infection.
It usually presents with vaginal discharge which can be white thick chunky discharge, redness and swelling of local organs.
The pink spots you had could be due to spotting from the infected areas.

Trichomonial infection: it presents with yellowish XXXXXXX frothy vaginal discharge, itching, foul smell etc.

So you better once undergo physical examination, investigations like wet mount, KOH test, swab for culture and sensitivity.
By this the actual causative organism can be identified and treatment can be given accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.