Noticed spotting after bowel movement. Have peri menopause symptoms. Remedy?

Light spotting 8 days into period seems to be heavier after bowel movement and when wiping with tissue. Light pink in colour. Somewhat heavier in the morning with first urination.
I have been told I am in peri menopause is this a symptom.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. David Okia 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you are in peri menopause

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.

Peri menopause is basically period around menopause not symptom and in this period you have symptoms you described that is prolonged periods etc.

Based on my experience women around age of 45-50 tend to have similar complains.

This happens when they are in peri menopause. Do not worry soon the periods will be no more, you don't need any medication its normal occurrence. Eat a lot of green vegetables so that you have enough iron in your body.

Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you, if you have more queries.