Noticed soreness and hard lump on chest. What could it be?

I've discovered a large hard (2" long by 1/2") lump along my bikini line, no outward sign of redness or irritation. It was sore yesterday after removing my pants for shower. Today it's still there but isn't bothersome. It doesnt move and is still there today. Should I worry? What could it be?
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
Possibilities are---

1. Umbilical hernia- protrusion of bowel through weakness of tissue in that area.
2. Swelling arising from the subcutaneous tissues like from the fat, nerve or muscle tissue.
3. Incisional hernia- hernia through weakness in the scar of previous surgery.

Only a physical examination can give a clue.

Pl. consult early and get well soon.