Noticed small pea size painless bump to clitoris. Vulva cancer?

Question
I am 70 yera old and just noticed a small ,pea size,painless bump to the left of my clitoris. Please tell me this is not vulva cancer.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you but I have a few questions.

When did you first notice it?
Is it painful?
Is it under the skin or at skin surface?
Is it draining or bleeding?
Have you had any major gynecological problems over time?

Please let me know and I will help!

Follow-up: Noticed small pea size painless bump to clitoris. Vulva cancer? 3 hours later
Noticed it two days ago. Painless and just under the skin. No draining or bleeding. No gyn problems

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
Based on your lack of any prior GYN problems, the size of the lump, its short duration of only about two days, and its location under the skin, this almost certainly does NOT represent vulvar cancer.

Most likely this represents a clogged gland under the skin. Sometimes these are called sebaceous inclusion cysts. It might go away slowly over time or you can perhaps help things along with twice daily warm soaks.

If there is no change or an increase in size, then a trip to your OBGYN would be warranted. But in answer to you original question, no this does not sound like cancer!

I hope this helps and good luck!