Noticed small lump under tongue. Suspected to be stone from saliva gland. Advise?

Hello, im a 19 year old male, about a month ago i noticed a small dot/lump under my tongue, i did research and it says it could be a "stone" from saliva glands, i was just wondering if it was just that and nothing else more serious. thanks
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely it is a cyst.

Detailed Answer:
The fleshy swelling seems to be a cyst which are soft swelling mostly without symptoms and bear no clinical significance.
It does not seem to be salivary gland stone, and particularly if there is no pain associated with it.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Noticed small lump under tongue. Suspected to be stone from saliva gland. Advise? 6 minutes later
thanks for replying to my query, i have self examined it and it seems to be quite hard when i touch it, theres no pain and does not seem to be effecting me, but just curious on what it may be. So you do not think it needs treatment?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it does not need treatment

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
It is unlikely to be a stone. Cyst may also be firm to manual touch and in any case it does not need surgery if it is not producing any symptoms.

I hope your query has been answered.