Noticed skin colored spot on penis shaft, no pain or itching. Related to STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2012
Sep 2012
Good

Question
I am a male,27yrs,living in UK, visited a chinese massage parlour 3 times within 10 days and received hand jobs at the end (no sex,no kissing,no genital contacts) and she used baby oil.Today, i noticed a small skin colored spot on my penis shaft (no itchiness,no pain) - please find attached image.I am worried this might be related to any STDs
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Thank you for posting a query.

First of all, do not panic. STD means sexually transmitted disease. You have told that you did not have sex, kissing, and genital contacts. That means, there is no chance of getting any STD just from the hand job.

Now, coming to your picture. From that, the little spot looks like an old mild injury which has healed up by scab formation. Second possibility is to be a mole like skin lesion.

For confirmation a clinical examination is mandatory. But, I can assure you it is not due to any sexually transmitted disease.

You need nothing to do right now. Just wait and watch. If the lesion increases in size or you experience any itching or color change, you should consult with a dermatologist in person for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed skin colored spot on penis shaft, no pain or itching. Related to STD? 12 minutes later
thanks for your reply Doc.

I dont feel any itchiness or pain on that spot.Can i just leave it and see if it goes away by itself or should i have to visit a doctor in person?

also, what is a mole like skin lesion?

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 28 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, you can leave it. Then wait and watch. if it goes away by itself then it is ok. Otherwise, you have to consult with a dermatologist in person.

Mole is a hyper-pigmented lesion in skin. it can be seen anywhere in our body. It is a benign condition.

Hope you have your answers.

Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed skin colored spot on penis shaft, no pain or itching. Related to STD? 3 minutes later
Thanks

Finally, can i apply any cream (if you can suggest any brands available in the UK, that will be great) to heal this?

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 14 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

I do not think that you need a cream right now. Do not apply anything right now.

Just wait and watch.

Regards.