Noticed reoccurring bruise on abdomen. Hurts while touching. How to get cured?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
About a month ago I noticed a bruise on my abdomen. For a couple of weeks and as the bruise began to fade, it hurt when I used my stomach muscles, kinda felt like when you've pulled a muscle, or a pulling like when recovering from a small abdominal incision. Soreness and bruising went away. Last Friday, I noticed the bruise has returned. Its in the same place as before; no soreness this time.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 15 minutes later
Repeated appearance of bruise at the same place is indicative of some injury in the area which caused a bleeding in the soft tissue causing the bruise. Some of the left over trapped blood or a repeated injury or stress to abdominal muscles may have caused a repeat collection of blood in the soft tissues.
Most of the times it heals spontaneously without any treatment over 2-3 weeks.
You only need to wait and watch for any spread of the bruise, pain or swelling in which case it indicates an infection and systemic antibiotics are needed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.