Noticed redness on both sides of the mouth after taking antibiotics. Suggest

what to do after taking a lot of anibiotics got red side of my mouth both sides of my look y trf. I wouldn't say it was a pimple it"s more like red scar
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 2 hours later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

It is quite common to develop stomatitis and mouth mucosal ulcerations after taking lot of antibiotics. They kill useful bacteria and hence deplete vitamin absorption. This gives redness, ulceration and pain in the mouth.

You can take a course of therapeutic doses of multivitamin B and apply local coating gels like Orasep or one containing local anaesthetics. Avoid spicy and oily food.

Gargle with chlorhexidine (antiseptic )mouth wash.

Eat a healthy diet. avoid any self medication of antibiotics.
Act on your doctor's advice.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query anytime.
Thank you!!