Noticed redness in tailbone and anus area. Feeling sore to touch. What is the problem?

The area near by tailbone/anus is sore and seems very red (rash like)...there is also wet clear fluid in that area as well. What is this?
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 21 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

Though I have not seen the area but the description suggests an infected pilonidal sinus. I suggest you consult your doctor who shall examine the area and guide you. In the interim you can take warm sitz bath twice a day to reduce the inflammation.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.