Noticed red, non itchy patch of skin on right leg. What could it be and suggest some cure?

Red non itchy patch of skin on right leg near XXXXXXX non itchy, noticed 3 days ago. About the size of a pencil eraser
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
Non-itchy red rash on your leg looks like either discoid eczema or contact dermatitis.

If history of trauma like hitting against rod/bed can also cause similar lesion.

As it is non-itchy, infection is unlikely.[fungal]

You can apply calamine lotion if stinging or burning starts. It will fade on its own.

If it increases in size or if itching or oozing starts from wound , then consult dermatologist. In that case anti-histaminics or steroids will be required.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.