Noticed red color on toilet paper after stools. What does this suggest?

when i had something spicy in the dinner , in the morning after passing the stool When i wipes, i look and there is bright red blood on the toilet paper surface , while swiping my anus with toilet paper. After the first wipe, most of the blood was gone, and every wipe after just had a little bit of blood.
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 41 minutes later

XXXXXXX blood in the toilet wipes indicate presence of either Fissure or complicated Hemorrhoids.

I suggest you to get examined by a general surgeon who can identify the exact problem and place you on treatment.

Meanwhile do avoid constipation by taking laxatives like Liquid paraffin or Psyllium husk. Also If the anal opening presents with burning sensation after passing stool, then do apply 2% Xylocaine gelly over the affected area.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Noticed red color on toilet paper after stools. What does this suggest? 7 minutes later
no burning sensations but a little internel sensation while passing the stool like constipation , and do not happen regurly , is there no worries like cancer
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Need not worry. Cancers are usually associated with severe weight loss and loss of appetite.

If the cancers are in the stage where they ooze blood you would be suffering from many other symptoms.

Do get examined to be sure of.

Wish you good health.