Noticed rashes on penis after sex. Diagnosed with HPV. Could it be allergy due to glove or gel?

Question
i had an vaginal exam a week ago. i had sex with my husband on last night, soon after he got a rash on his penis like a ringworm. could he be allergic to the glove or gel.

went to the doctor because my period was lasting over3 weeks heavy. by the time I got the appointment period was already beginning to stop. I told him I was diagnosed with HPV and havng my well women exam in march 2013. no period april and at the middle of may i started my period. been off since last wednesday after seeing doctor on last tuesday who examine me for my period. had sex with my husband last night.... notice he stayed in restroom longer than usual. today i saw a rash (ringworm like) on his penis head on side.
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
The ringworm like lesion on the penis is more likely to be due to the fungal infection. It is less likely to be allergic in origin as allergic rashes are more widespread.
Here are some tips to help cure this condition:
1. Keep the skin clean and dry.
2. Use a antifungal Cream containing - Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, Terbenifine, or Oxiconazole. These are often effective in controlling ringworm.
3. Wash and dry the area first.
4. Apply the cream, beginning just outside the area of the rash and moving toward the center. Be sure to wash and dry the hands afterward.
5. Use the cream twice a day for 7 to 10 days.

To prevent the infection from spreading:
1. Wash all towels in warm, soapy water and then dry them.
2. Use a new towel and wash cloth every time.
3. Clean sinks, bathtubs, and bathroom floors well after using.
4. Avoid having sex till the infection is cured.

This condition usually responds to topical medications mentioned above within 4 weeks. Severe or resistant cases usually respond quickly to antifungal medicines taken orally, which may need your doctor's prescription.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Noticed rashes on penis after sex. Diagnosed with HPV. Could it be allergy due to glove or gel? 13 hours later
this morning it seems like the ringworm like rash has turned in to a sore, running with white puss look top.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The open sore can be due to herpes. It needs an immediate medical attention and a direct examination for proper diagnosis. He can consult a dermatologist or a urologist for proper prescription medicines.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.