Noticed purple lump on bottom of eyelid. Hurts to touch and feeling dizzy. Concerned

My name is XXXXXXX, i woke up this morning with a pinkish purple lump on my bottom eyelid. It hurts a little bit to the touch and i feel very dizzy. I am 63 years old and i do not smoke. I am overweight and have a heart condidtion called A-fib (unrelated to my query). Should i be concerned, and visit a hospital? and what is your advice on what i should do about this problem?
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Hi. Thank you for writing to us sir.

I have seen the image you posted. The skin looks like it has been bruised or has some kind of circulatory issue. If you would not have a cardiovascular history, we could have ruled out a circulatory problem.

Also I am sure you have not suffered any injury or trauma, or else you would have mentioned it. Are you on any kind of medication (warfarin, coumadin, aspirin, etc)? It could be a simple hordeolum (stye), but this would appear pinkish red.

A purple colouration is usually either due to a circulatory problem or due to trauma (where the injury would have caused inflammation and thus obstruct proper circulation). Although the skin itself might not be a problem, the only reason I suggest you to visit a doctor would be to rule out/diagnose a circulatory issue.

I hope this helps Sir. Do keep me posted and write back to me with any further queries. I would love to help.

Take care Sir.