Noticed painful sore/blister in the lower jaw with pus discharge. What is the cure?
User rating for this question
hi, i noticed pain under my jaw when i push up towards the bone and then last night noticed that there is a lump above the bone but touching the bone in the same area that is also painful to touch. Its semi hard to touch but not like a knot. it does shift and move around when touched but just in that area and never away from the bone. i also have a cold sore in the corner of my mouth on the same side that is red around the area and the middle of the sore is white. it looks similar to a blister and has a clear and puss discharge and is also painful to eat, touch, and sometimes when speaking.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Likely to be lymph node Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The pain and swelling under the jaw that you have noticed is likely to be a swollen lymph node due to the sore that you are having in the corner of your mouth. Taking a proper course of antibiotics will help in healing the sore as well as to decrease the swelling that you have. You can consult a dentist and get the suitable drugs prescribed. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
People also viewed
- Tongue burns from infected tooth
- Treatment and cure for Sore blisters
- Blood in pee when i wipe tissue
- Cure for lower leg edema blisters
- What is the cure for blisters on toes
- Blood pressure from reclining to standing position
- Blood vagina when pooping
- Treatment and cure for Painful blister
- Burning itching skin with whelps
- Vomiting blood pooping water
- Burning pain inside of thigh
- Treatment and cure for pus filled blisters
- Vaginal strep itch and burn not pregnant
- Why does pork raise blood pressure
- Why do my palms burn and itch