Noticed painful sore/blister in the lower jaw with pus discharge. What is the cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi, i noticed pain under my jaw when i push up towards the bone and then last night noticed that there is a lump above the bone but touching the bone in the same area that is also painful to touch. Its semi hard to touch but not like a knot. it does shift and move around when touched but just in that area and never away from the bone. i also have a cold sore in the corner of my mouth on the same side that is red around the area and the middle of the sore is white. it looks similar to a blister and has a clear and puss discharge and is also painful to eat, touch, and sometimes when speaking.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Likely to be lymph node Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The pain and swelling under the jaw that you have noticed is likely to be a swollen lymph node due to the sore that you are having in the corner of your mouth. Taking a proper course of antibiotics will help in healing the sore as well as to decrease the swelling that you have. You can consult a dentist and get the suitable drugs prescribed. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.