Noticed lump between anus and testicles. Started growing in size. Looking for cure

Hi I am a 58 year old male with generally good health, about 4 weeks ago I noticed a small lump the size of a pea underneath the skin between my anus and testicles in the area at the bottom of my scrocham.
Its now grown to about 20cms the size of my thumb nail and appears to be elongated and attached to the underneath of the skin.
theres no discharge or pain but getting uncomfortable
help and advice would be appreciated
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 57 minutes later

The most common causes of a lump at that location are
1) Sebaceous cyst
2) Hidradenitis suppurativa

Both of them are uncomfortable but no pain and discharge. They arise from skin glands and when the duct of the glands are blocked.

You need to get this lump examined and get excised by the doctor under local anesthesia. It takes less than an hour and does not require hospitalization.

Let me know if you have further inquiries.
Follow-up: Noticed lump between anus and testicles. Started growing in size. Looking for cure 12 hours later
thank you for your answer the lump appears to be growing quite fast could it be anything else?

i will make an appointment to see doctor tomorrow.

thank you
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 11 hours later

The above reasons fit well. It requires a drainage of the cyst or abscess. It can also be sent for culture to check for organisms. It depends on the treating doctors acumen.