Noticed light brown mole on waist. Is this serious?

My mole ,light brown in colors, along the waist band where it is always rubbed by underware, has formed a darker brown crust on top. It is smaller than an eraser, round with no edges and pretty flat. The crust is all one color. I'm worried. My dermatologist looked at all my moles six months ago. Did it get irritated or is this more serious. I'm very worried.
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 8 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The description given by you suggests that you have an irritated mole.

In addition, please provide me with the following information:
a. What is the size of the mole?
b. Is there bleeding from mole anytime?
c. Is the mole surface smooth or uneven?
d. Is there growth in size of the mole?
e. Can you upload photos of the mole?

As such there is nothing to be worried about. Please answer the above questions and upload photos to allow me to help you better.

Anticipating your response.

Dr Sudarshan.
Follow-up: Noticed light brown mole on waist. Is this serious? 12 hours later
Thank you Doctor. The size is slightly smaller than a pencil eraser.there is no bleeding.surface is rather smooth ,slightly crusty, but not as much as yesterday.not sure what mole looked like before.i cannot upload photo at this time, however I can snap a picture and send it to an email address if that is possible. Thank you for your assistance. I will wait to hear back.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 7 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for the details. There is very less possibility of mole being cancerous. So there is nothing to be worried about.

There is feature to upload the reports / image by yourself on this web page, please utilize that so that I can comment further.

Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject line as “Attention Dr. Sudarshan”.

Hope this helps.