Noticed hard raised lump on clavicle. Tender to touch. Bone cancer?

I felt pain for the first time yesterday on my clavicle and noticed a lump...hard to the touch and about the sice of a nickel and raised so that it shows through a tshirt... on the bone which is tender to touch...does this sound like bone cancer?
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 21 minutes later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.
It looks that the swelling is from collar or clavicle bone. Cancer in this bone is not so common.
However from your history and description , the swelling needs further evaluation definitely.
Signs of malignancy are rapid growth, pain, fracture. , large swelling etc. What ever may be the present condition ,I will suggest please consult your orthopaedician as soon as possible for complete clinical examination.
Investigation like Xrays, ultrasonography or CT SCAN may be needed depending on clinical situation. It is no5 related to thyroid problem at all.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.