Noticed flesh colored bumps close to vagina. Tested negative for STD. What could it be?

Hello I have flesh colored bumps that almost look like warts I was tested for stds3 weeks ago everything came back negative I went to a clinic and my gynecologist I think I may have hpv but they told me everything looks fine I'm not too sure!
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 7 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your questions.

From the pictures that you posted, I can seen nothing that looks abnormal. Just at the opening of the vagina are irregular skin folds that look like "bumps" but this is just the hymenal ring. It is completely normal. Outside of the hymenal ring, there is nothing else that looks abnormal from the pictures that you have sent. In addition, if your doctor did an exam and was not concerned (which is far better than the pictures that you sent), then I think you have little to worry about.

I hope that this helps. Please ask if you have additional questions.
Follow-up: Noticed flesh colored bumps close to vagina. Tested negative for STD. What could it be? 6 minutes later
I did blood work and a swap culture but not a paps I just wanted a third opinion! I was worried about the inside as well if you look closely
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 42 minutes later
From the pictures that you sent me (which are not as good as a direct examination) I can see absolutely nothing wrong. The vaginal 'skin' has many folds called rugae that might appear as bumps. But from what you are showing me, everything looks totally normal.

You need a pap smear if one has not been done in the last 12 months. This is part of your routine yearly screening.

Good luck!