Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed dryness, redness, white patches and swelling on penis head. Suggest effective cream

Hi, I am A sailor & hv joined a ship A month ago. Before i joined my wife was having a fungal infection & now from last 10 days I hv a infection on my pennis. Pennis seems to b dry, white patches, redness & swelling on the head of the pennis. As I am sailing i hv limited medicines like candid b cream & calosoft lotion. Pls guide on which of the cream is helpful.
Posted Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 16 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

In my opinion, it is wise to use both.
Candid works for fungus and calasoft for allergic rash.
If you can manage to get FUCIDIN/ NEOSPORIN/SOFRAMYCIN on board ( it is used to apply on cut wounds and so must be present in the emergency box), apply that as well.
Plan and use them once daily each with a gap of about 6 to 8 hours. Pls maintain hygiene by cleaning periodically.
If you want to skip one, skip calasoft, as it is the least important of the lot.

Follow-up: Noticed dryness, redness, white patches and swelling on penis head. Suggest effective cream 7 days later
Sir, as advised am following to apply candid b & fucidin but not much difference can be seen. It's like sometimes it seems that the infection is getting better & then after few hrs its the same or ship is expected to reach kakinada port next week. Pl advice if any pills are to be taken to clear the infection internally.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later
Welcome back.
This is a relevant question. I am surprised about the lack of effect of the local applications.
Kindly make sure you get examined by a surgeon/ urologist when in port.
Till then, amoxicillin or a combination of amoxycilin+cloxacillin in a dose of 500 mg three times daily after food should help.