Noticed cramping in pelvic area. Feel bloated, tired and back sore. Normal? What could this be?

I am concerned. I have been experiencing cramping in my ovaries/pelvic area for the last 3-4 months throughout my cycles - even when not menstruating. First I thought it was gas pain, but its steadily becoming more frequent and regular. It feels like period cramps without my period. During my most period I spotted for 5 days before 2 days of regular bleeding, and my breasts didn't swell a full cup size! - very unusual for me. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the last 6 months, and I am 35 years old. I have gained a full pant size in the last 6 months (around my middle), am very bloated and feel as though my body has been going haywire since we started trying. I thought I was pregnant because of the spotting, my back is sore, and I am tired all the time. What could be the problem? Is this normal?
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 51 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Cramping lower abdominal pain may be due to early pregnancy, pelvic infection,endometriosis, some ovarian or uterine pathology or some intestinal problem.

Your bloating may be due to progesterone hormone. All these can also occur normally in pregnancy.

Your symptoms may be due to some pathology or pregnancy.In my opinion, you should get a few investigations including serum beta HCG and an ultrasound to rule out pregnancy and to find out some other pelvic pathology and proceed according to reports. Also, get a gynecological examination done to find out any local cause of your symptoms.

Good Luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you. If you have any further query you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: