Noticed brownish solid particles in semen and getting headache. Any advice?

About 45 minutes back I masturbated and found some brownish solid particles in my semen. I am 38year old male, divorcee for the past 6 years, no sex in 6 years, occassional masturbation only, planning to get married this month. I smoke 20-30 cigarattes a day started 4 months back. I started having a headache associated with ejaculation recently about 2 weeks and intensity varies day to day. Please advise about this brown particles/patches in my semen and I am seeing this for the first time, and the associated headache.
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 28 minutes later

Thanks for the query

The presence of brownish particles or brownish discoloration of semen may be a reflection of Prostatitis ( infection of prostate). This can be identified by doing a semen test and urine for culture and sensitivity test.

Sometimes, long period of abstinence from masturbation or sexual intercourse might make semen thick which might be interpreted as patchy

Headache associated with ejaculation: usually following ejaculation blood pressure changes towards lower side because of autonomic nervous system activation. And this may cause Headache.

As a temporary remedy you need to take excess of water, do not get up quickly after ejaculation.

You need to check your Blood pressure before and after ejaculation. This is more important if you have any cardiac problem ( at Preliminary level, can be easily detected by doing ECG)

It may be a good idea to stop smoking as it sometimes give rise to a host of sexual problems

Hope this address some of your concern

Good luck