Noticed brown spot on scrotum after protected intercourse. What could it be?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi I had protected intercourse 3 days ago and today noticed brown spot on my skin by the scrotom.

picture: WWW.WWWW.WW

What does it look like/ what could it be? It's flat.... could it be genital hepres/genital warts???
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 12 hours later

Protected exposure offers protection to penis and urethra. But scrotum and adjacent areas are not protected. So other STDs can occur at these unprotected areas.

However, warts do not occur within three days. Incubation period for genital warts is more than two to four months. And herpes manifest as grouped vesicles and then with tiny grouped ulcers.

I saw the picture sent by you. It does not fit any STD / herpes / genital warts. It may be a manifestation of an insect bite as there is erythema adjacent to the spot. Another rare possibility may be an ecto-parasitic infection due to pubic louse infection.

You can XXXXXXX a Dermatologist and he/she will be able to guide you through further investigation and treatment. In brief your problem does not seem to be serious and easily manageable.

Hope this answer is reassuring. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan