Ask a Dentist   »  

Noticed blood from gums while brushing. What cure should be done?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
While brushing my teeth in the morning, I have been noticing blood coming from gums since last 1 month. This happens everyday while brushing.
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 1 hour later

Blood during brushing is one of the initial signs of gum disease. I would suggest that you visit your dentist for scaling i.e.: a thorough clean up of teeth and gums. The bleeding should stop within a few days of scaling.

Until you can visit a dentist, you may start using a good mouthwash to improve your oral hygiene along with brushing twice daily.

Hope this answers your query.