Noticed blood after intercourse. Is this yeast infection?

Mar 2013
hello can you help me.. i have noticed that i often notice blood on toilet paper , this can happen after sex , the next day , not every time.. i am on microlite pill for the past 5 months. i checked for stds and i do not have one and my smear tests came back clear along with yeast infections all ok. i noticed a slight brown discharge today but i am due my period but the blood i noticed more so this month and its concerning me.. not a huge amount just on the tissue every few days after sex
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: WARRANTS XXXXXXX EXAM AND PELVIC ULTRASOUND SCAN Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Bleeding after intercourse is termed as post coital bleeding. The commonest reason for such bleeding / spotting is some kind of lesion on the cervix. It could be erosion, inflammation, foreign body, polyp or a growth on the cervix . Uterine polyps also can bleed this way. As STDs / infections are ruled out, and the smear is normal, I would ask you to go for an XXXXXXX gynecological exam. If a patient with post coital bleeding walks into my clinic, I would go for a per vaginum and per speculum examination first of all. Next would be a smear alongwith STD screen ( already done ). A pelvic ultrasound scan would be the next step,and hence please go for that also. Spotting occasionally could be due to the pill, had you that symptom alone, but the fact that it is related to intercourse, means, that it needs investigation. I hope that traumatic and over vigorous intercourse is ruled out, as it could traumatize the vaginal lining. Please have the necessary workup to establish a diagnosis. Take care, and please feel free to ask for further clarifications.