Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blisters like appearance on penis. Is this a sign of an illness?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2012
Sep 2012

Question
hi
i have something appear in my penis i don't if it warp or blister
can you help me
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Thank you for posting a query.

First of all, a lesion in this area, with such an appearance, indicates possibilities like genital warts, or any other infectious lesion of skin caused by bacteria or calcinosis cutis or other vesicobullous disease of skin.

But, the genital wart has the highest possibility. It is caused by human papilloma virus.

For confirmation of this condition, you need to be examined clinically, for the size, shape, position, mobility, temperature of that particular area. Diagnosis is confirmed lastly by performing a skin biopsy.

For treatment, 0.15% – 0.5% podophyllotoxin is required. If required, imiquimod, and other drugs can also be added.

So, right now, you have to consult with a dermatologist in person for a detailed clinical examination and also for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed blisters like appearance on penis. Is this a sign of an illness? 8 minutes later
So by the picture it is warts

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 3 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

I think that it is most possibly a wart. But for confirmation, you need to examined clinically.

Hope you have your answers.

Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed blisters like appearance on penis. Is this a sign of an illness? 2 minutes later
One last question it is dangeroues it can go alone

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 11 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

It should get treated immediately. Because, if it is confirmed as a genital wart, it is infectious in nature.

So, consult with a dermatologist.

Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed blisters like appearance on penis. Is this a sign of an illness? 9 hours later
one more last question is podophyllotoxin treatment can remove the virus

Thank you for writing back.

Look, the ointment is really very helpful in this situation. But, I have already told you that you have to be examined clinically. Because, it is obvious that a clinical examination is mandatory for any particular disease.

After clinical confirmation, you can use that drug. But before that do not try that yourself.

Suppose, this medicine fails to give you relief then second line of management should be considered.

A prophylactic antibiotic course is also necessary.

Lastly, the medicine is very helpful. But use it after clinical confirmation.

Hope you have your answer.

Regards.