Noticed bald spots on head. Is it due to allergic to surgical prep chloraprep or prednizone shot?

i have been on this amberen product since XXXXXXX 12. tonight, i was conditioning my very thick hair and found 2BALD SPOTS the size of quarters!!!!!! i am FREAKED out of my mind!!!! could it be the amberen? i am not on any meds, cancer survivor 9/11/01--radical hysterectomy and had a knee scope this past may 30. am almost 47 yrs. old...please see surgery...i had an allergic reaction to the surgical prep chlora..something and dr. gave me prednizone shot....could any of these cause these 2 bald spots which i discovered tonight?????
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
I would be pleased to answer your question .

Your BALD spots over the scalp are not related to any product or AMBEREN applications.
They are mostly something described as Alopecia Areata .
This condition is associated with balding on the scalp. Multiple patches of balding can be seen ( which are commonly size of quarters)

This condition is commonly treated with intralesional steroid injection that is the steroid ( triamcinolone ) is injected in to the bald spot . The hair grows back in a few weeks time and repeated injection may be needed.

Please do book an appointment with the Dermatologist.

Thanks and Take care