Noticed a white circle on lower lip. What could it be?

Dec 2012

Hi I have noticed recently that on my lower lip there is a fine circle outlined in white. The inside color is the same color as the rest of my lips. The only thing I can think of is that I burned my lips while I was out west in the desert. It isn't sore or uncomfortable, but not sure what it is.
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It looks like it is ring worm Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX From your description of the skin lesion, I suspect it could be ringworm or tinea corporis which is a type of fungal skin infection. It is usually not sore or itchy but at times could be itchy. It may clear off on its own even without treatment but in case of persistence, you can apply an antifungal topical agent such as ketokonazole cream (twice daily) or steroid cream such as hydrocortisone cream which can be gotten over the counter. How ever, if the lesion seem to persist despite above, therefore making you uncomfortable, it will be best to see a dermatologist who can have a closer look and maybe provide some more specific treatments. In the other hand, this could just be due to skin dryness and nothing you should worry about. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah