Not getting sleep due to the feeling of vibration in ear. Happens during night. What is the reason?

ENT Specialist
I feel A soft vibration on my ear.
It dosent let me sleep on nights it becomes really disturbing, like when you moan.
I play Tennis. Guitar, Sleep with my border collie a dog.
Could it be bad.T
Today when i woe up i wasnt feeling it anymore only on nightime
Is it serious ? I dont usee cellphones oftenI
ts like when you oan it simply vibrates and dosent stop at night
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

The sensation of vibrations or ringing in the ear (tinnitus) is a normal phenomenon, which is usually heard in the calm environment, but sometimes it gets more pronounced in various conditions affecting the ear.

Tinnitus is defined as a subjective perception of sound by an individual, in the absence of any external sounds. Tinnitus is not a disease in itself but a common symptom which is commonly associated with the hearing system.

Tinnitus is noticed in conditions such as accumulation of wax in the ear, fluid inside the ear drum (middle ear), blockage of the Eustachian tube (the tube connecting nose and the ear), flu, inner ear pathologies, etc.

Please do not worry, this is a normal phenomenon and also you are noticing this only during nighttime when there is less background noise. You can as well wait and watch for few more days, if you feel it is more bothersome, then you can consult an ENT specialist for a complete evaluation and management.

Hope I have answered the query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon