Ask a Urologist   »  

Not able to retract the foreskin. Which specialist should I consult?

Jul 2016

The foreskin does not comes back at all while I masturbate. I have tried to pull the foreskin many times, but it would not come back. Will this have a problem while having sex?
How can this be solved?
Which doctor should i consult for this? Should I consult a "urologist" or "sexologist"?
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you have what is called as Phimosis.
During normal intercourse foreskin is retracted over glans penis, which helps to penetrate vagina and to enjoy sex.
Since you are unable to retract the foreskin you will face problem in penetration of vagina.The only treatment for this problem is to get circumcised (surgery).
Visit a qualified Urologist who will carry out the surgery under local anesthesia. It will be cured and solve your problem permanently.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask, if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Not able to retract the foreskin. Which specialist should I consult? 10 hours later
Are there any risks associated with the survey?
Are there any other options - like stretching of the skin or any other treatment?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later

Thanks for follow up. The surgery of circumcision is one of the simplest procedure without any risk. Do not worry at all. Go ahead and get it done without any fear or tension.

The other options that you have asked will help you temporarily and there are high chances of recurrence, of Phimosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr. Patil