Ask a Urologist   »  

Not able to pull foreskin back completely from penis. Is this curable naturally? Circumcision?

Hello, I've been married for about one year now. i am not able to penetrate through successfully so far. I browsed through a lot of sexual related articles which isolate my issue as " the foreskin is still attached to my head"(I am not able to pull my foreskin back completely from the penis) is this curable naturally or should i have to perform a circumcision to have a normal sexual life...
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 57 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     28 year old male
•     Known case of Phimosis (no retraction of foreskin on glans penis during intercourse.
•     Complaints of: difficulty in penetration.

I can understand your concern. Phimosis usually leads to pain during erection and erectile dysfunction difficulty due to pain.

For treatment first you need to be examined by surgeon to confirm your diagnosis and cause. Common treatments include steroid creams, preputioplasty, manual stretching, and circumcision. Circumcision is easiest, less time consuming and one of the best treatments.

If there is minor phimosis only, then patient can do regular stretching of foreskin 3-4 times per day, without causing discomfort. It may cure minor problem but before trying this examination with surgeon is necessary.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.