Non penetrative sex with sex worker, masturbation, no exchange of body fluids. Chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases ?

Dermatologist
Question
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Kindly request you to access my risk and guide me. I am very concerned about the incident and getting very worried. Yesterday after drinking I visited a prostitute in india. I was in little sense and hence decided to not have penetrative sex. Following is what happened. Both were naked, I was touching her all over her body but did not touch her vagina. I asked her to only masturbate me by using condom. Initially she used her hand to make my penis erect and then put 2 condoms on each other on my penis and masturbated. In between she touched her vagina couple of times and used the same hand to masturbate me. In the mean time I was touching her breast and body except vagina. No kissing, hugging or probable exchange of any body fluids. Finished off in @ 3 minutes. I am having genital herpes problem for @ 1 year and currently I don't have active infection. Following are my questions. 1. I understand that there is no risk of HIV. Am I correct. 2. As she touched her hand to her vagina 2 to 3 times and used the same hand to make my penis erect without condom and masturbate me with the condom, is there any possibility of me getting infected by any STD such as HPV, ghorniea, syphilis, etc. 3. The place was very lousy with unclean bed sheets and dark room, can it result in to STD or other infection as I was sitting on the bed sheet which may be used by previous client. I also felt that at the place I was sitting was little bit wet. 4. As I already have herpes simplex problem, is there possibility of getting infected with herpes zoster or HPV. 5. Normally after how many days STD symptoms shows. Do I need to get tested for STD. 6.I reached home after @ 40 minutes and had bath with dettol disinfictant would this help to prevent any STD. Also pl guide me to stop from this bad habit, I try to control a lot but sometimes I am not able to control it. I have a wife and beautiful kid whome I love a lot. Pl help and reply ASAP... Thanks a lot in advance.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 2 hours later

1. There is always a risk of STD when you have sex with commercial sex workers.
2. The possibility is very less as you did not have any wound on the genitalia.
3. Unless there is an abrasion in your skin the chances are very bleak.
4. Herpes simplex and zoster are caused by different viruses and hence there is no chance.
5. Symptoms of STD depends on the exact infection which varies from 2 days to 199 days.
6. As you have washed throughly the chances are very little.

To stop from this habit you may need to visit a psychiatric councellor/ but think of the risk of HIV infection always then you may stop.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Non penetrative sex with sex worker, masturbation, no exchange of body fluids. Chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases ? 18 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks a lot for your assuring answer. I have a follow up question, i.e should i take any antibiotics to eradicate any infection like ghorniea, syphilis, chlamydia, HPV, etc if I had got from this episode just as a corrective action and to be on safer side.

Kindly guide.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 29 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

There are specific antibiotics for specific infections. However if you wish empirically you may take a course of Azithromycin which will cover most of the ulcerative and uretheral discharge diseases.The dosage of which can be prescribed by the doctor who examined you , hence do consult one.
XXXXXXX PVS