Non itchy red circles on the stomach area. No swelling

Question
My son (age 19) has been getting numerous red circles on his stomach area. Over a couple of months he has now over a dozen. They are not itchy or swollen.
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

I would like to have a look at the lesions, Kindly do attach here the same.After having a look I would be able to understand better and opine specifically.

Anticipating your response.

Follow-up: Non itchy red circles on the stomach area. No swelling 17 hours later
Please send me an email address where I can forward you an attachment as I can't attach to this form.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

You can mail me the images to the below address.

YYYY@YYYY with “ATTN: Dr.Raju” in the subject line.

Waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: Non itchy red circles on the stomach area. No swelling 39 hours later
.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Thanks for the image sent.

I had a look at it and the lesions appear like ones in mild eczema caused by allergic reaction.Absence of itching and flat lesions do support the fact.

I suggest you to give him a course of Benadryl after consulting his treating doctor.

If there is any amount of itching then the chances of the lesion being Tinea are to be considered and antifungal cream be applied to get rid of them.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.